Friday, May 23, 2008

May 23rd, 2008

One year ago this date I had my second part of my DBS surgery. The brain surgery was first and then one week later I had the neurostimulator put in. ONE YEAR TODAY. How ironic, that today I also had my appointment with the surgeon to discuss having surgery again for the tremors in my left hand. Many thoughts and thinking has been laid on my shoulders once again.
Do I want to go through it all again? Do I want to suffer the tremors for years again? When should I have it done? At this point, I have an advantage because I WON'T be going through all those nasty drugs again. PRAISE THE LORD! We know the surgery works. I don't like the tremors and to know I can be tremor free and much earlier this time is good but it still don't make it easy to think about it all over again.
I don't feel like missing another summer and not be able to enjoy it like last summer so I am thinking fall time or so when it is cold and miserable outside and I don't like going out when it is cold anyway so maybe then. It is all up to me so this is a huge prayer request. That I would know the correct timing from the Lord to pursue this big decision.

No comments: