Sunday, June 22, 2008

ANOTHER MAN'S JUNK IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE

This has been a very busy weekend for Cristal, Kevin and I. We decided to have a garage sale. Man---that takes a lot of work to get ready for one of those but it paid off.
It is amazing that what we consider junk---you put a price on it and it sells. AMAZING!
I am really glad it sells though because I like going to garage sales also. Something that you are ready to toss and people like buying it. Cool!
I would consider our garage sale was very successful in getting rid of a lot of stuff.
I was glad really to see that it will give other people pleasure in what they purchased. With all the flooding out west recently the Red Cross is hurting for donations of clothing so guess where I am taking mine. We had 4 big bags of clothing left (I am sure there would of been double that to begin with) so we are going to take them to the Red Cross. They have been asking for donations of clothing because their supply is getting low so help them out and take your donations of clothes to the Red Cross.
We can show our support for these people that are suffering right now and loosing so much. For those of us who are not affected by these floods, let's remember to pray for them and support them. Some day we, ourselves, might have to rely on someone to help us out.
GOD is my main support but we need to show that through our actions also when someone needs some help.

No comments: