Friday, July 11, 2008

NEW LIFE









This last week I had the privilege to go to our church camp (Bethel Youth Camp in Hawk, MI) and work in the kitchen. I really did enjoy myself but needless to say, it was very tiring but it was well worth it. In a couple of my pictures you will see a nest with 3 baby birds with their beaks wide open waiting for their mommy to come along with more food for them to eat. These pictures reminded me much of the reason we were at camp. We prayed for new life, for souls to be saved and with much excitement we had 8 souls saved. These little birds remind us of new life. They were getting ready to spread their wings to fly, waiting for momma bird to feed and teach them. These birds are starting a new life just like the 8 souls that were saved but their lives will live eternal lives. Working in a hot kitchen, sweating in the humidity all the sore achy feet really made it worth it all knowing that we were actually a part of these life changing decisions that were made.
There are just a couple pictures of the camp itself which lays in the middle of no where and is beautiful and peaceful (that is when the campers weren't screaming with excitement from all the games and contests going on).
It really was a very blessed week and I had a riot working with the ladies in the kitchen. You can't work in a kitchen full of women and not laugh a lot. :)
There is one more picture that I thought I would sneak in of my mom, sister Donna, Cristal and me together during the 4th of July picnic that we held at our church. We all wore red, white and blue that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time, Tam!! I know everyone was so blessed to have you there.

We're SO excited to see you in October. Cian is ready for some quality Meme and Papa time!

Love you!